Well, a wonderful and eventful year has passed since the birth of our son, Liem. My life has been filled with utter joy and a music I had never heard before, a music only parents know.
I had no idea that being a daddy would be so wonderful or so busy. The small spare room I call "my studio" has been collecting dust all this time, but this week I shook it off and tonight I headed out to paint, feeling good to be so engaged again. I spent this momentous occassion in a little park not far from here, enjoying the cool, clear Gulf Coast evening. The tall pine trees stood still for me quite well and managed to look rather dashing in the warm evening light. I can't say that the result of my effort was great, but the effort itself was very enjoyable. I managed to completely cover an 11x14 canvas panel in paint. Beyond that I did not accomplish much.
I had forgotten some things, such as how I can stand for two hours without noticing my aches and pains or that its hot or cold - my hands were freezing when I was done - when I am focused on capturing something on canvas. I had also forgotten how much I love doing this. Well, anyway, it was great to get started again and I look forward to many more sessions in the days ahead.
Life is once again being served with a side of art.

No comments:
Post a Comment